Sunday, June 8, 2008

In and Out of Cali

The night ends...

We arrived in Southern California (San Diego) a few days ago and have yet to post. Mostly because we've been beaching it up everyday and partying it up everynight; therefore not really having the chance. We've done 3 different beaches: Newport Beach, Pacific Beach, and Blacks Beach in La Jolla. The best for lying out was Pacific, the best for hacky sacking was Newport, and the best for jumping in some awesome waves and scoping out the hot men that So Cal has to offer was by far Blacks Beach. I've included a picture so you guys can all have a little taste as well. So, it wasn't the nude beach that was weird (hey, the human body is very natural), but the confusing thing was that many men were wearing hats and long sleeves shirts, but nothing else. Aren't they missing the most important body part that they need to protect from UV rays? (Perhaps protect their future children? Oh wait, these were mostly old men, so that wouldn't really matter...)


I thought I would let everyone know that I've progressed greatly in my hacky sacking skills since our daily practices. I can now hit it almost 3 times in a row. Yay! Of course no one's as good as this guy:


So it wasn't a terrible few days... getting tan during the day and going out in trendy Cali at night. After getting told to wait behind the rope at a nearby lounge, paying $12 for valet, and then told there was a $10 cover, we decided to ditch the pretentiousness and move along to the Waterfront Bar, featuring some awesome bar food, a popcorn maker (seriously, that makes a bar), and a fun reaggae band, with a very interactive lead singer (see right).

Here's some pics from the last few days:



Egrets (They were having so much fun eating they didn't even know I was there)


The night begins... Us with cousin Jaclyn and buddy Brett

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

did wes end up doing what those old guys did?

Anonymous said...

as usual the pics are great... thanks for taking the time. are you going to az.?

Williams' said...

Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun! Wish I could whoop it up in California with you : (
Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

man, you got my better side!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Uncle John told me that your on your way to his place! You'll have to take him and DeeDee out to dinner! They like Mexican!

Anonymous said...

Tell uncle john we say hello and miss them. Jen you will be laughing your butt off. Enjoy the 105+ heat.

[anonymous_blogger] said...

Cousin? She's your cousins Jew? I would have never guessed...

I was hoping that the naked photo dude was Wes...but I'm afraid that just isn't so. Maybe I can have some Wes time when you guys make it to the great state of Texas. Thats right, I'm pro texas.

How sweet are laptops? I'm commenting on your blog while I blast out last nights booze/food in liquid form. Laptops also allow you guys to blog from the road and for that I'm thankful.

See you soon!